Video is the future of marketing for the private aviation industry.
This industry is perfect for cinematic shots of gleaming streamlined jets, vistas of far-flung locations, and quick infotainment guides on how long it takes to become a pilot or the perks of being an attendant.
Let’s explore some of the best video marketing tips for your private aviation entity.
- Create an Overview Video for your Private Aviation Brand
Brand overviews are important because private aviation companies are trying to bring Millennial and Generation Z flyers aboard their jets. Here are some things you ought to know about these target demographics.
- They don’t mimic the highly brand loyal consumer behavior of previous generations
- They expect high levels of personalization and digital sophistication from their brands
- They consider green energy, environmental impact, and other related concerns when choosing a brand
These are all the results of many broad-scale studies on Millennial consumer behavior.
The private aviation industry is lagging when it comes to reaching consumers in these key demographics. That’s a big problem when Millennials are poised to emerge as the demographic with the most buying power.
Think of private aviation as an industry-wide blank-slate moment. The right brand introduction can present you as the nimble, green, efficient private aviation company.
One way to approach targeting demographics is through the ecosystem of social media influencers. Instagram and other similar platforms are crowded with lifestyle influencers and entrepreneurs who have made their face and persona an enormous component of their brand. There are some people online who could get at least a few people to fly private just by posting a video of themselves doing so.
The key is to do a simple calculation. Set your total budget at under the profitability of a single new client, and you set yourself up for success in this space.
You can develop your authority by delivering an analysis of the latest news related to aviation, or trending airline news. There’s no shortage of situations and stories on which you can comment, including:
- Pilot shortages
- Generational lack of interest in piloting careers
- New aviation technology
- Industrywide challenges faced by the industry (and clever suggestions about how private can offer solutions)
…and whatever new developments emerge.
Many companies have seen a higher ROI from sending out video invites to events. Private Aviation is a perfect industry for events. There are numerous conferences, trade shows, and related event that you can build an audience for through a video invite. They take very little time to make, but they help develop intimate relationships with brands.
Your private aviation entity can work with an influencer, celebrity, or any credible passenger to create a video testimonial. This builds trust and helps develop a positive relationship with your customers. Potential clients and customers always trust another customer more than a brand. This is the case for just about any industry.
If you’re ever in a creative dry-spell (we all hit them) just create a video based on the season. The private aviation industry has it easy when it comes to creating seasonal videos.
- In the winter, you have beautiful top-views of snow-covered scenes. You have holiday-oriented travel. Snowbirds can be brought onboard a private jet by promises of tropical breaks.
- In spring, you can focus on spring break travel or the perfect Valentine’s Day gift.
- Summer is a season of vacations as well. Choose videos about locations that are perfect for visiting in summer.
Broadcasting live is so easy to do now. It used to take an enormous amount of infrastructure. Now you can host videos of almost any length for minimal costs.
In the context of private aviation, live videos can be great for personnel retention and attraction. You can use them for:
- Q&As with pilots for aspiring pilots
- Q&As with attendants for aspiring attendants
- Podcasts for people who love luxury lifestyle topics. (Think Car Talk for planes.)
If you get into the habit of a regularly-scheduled live video, many people are in the habit of logging on to ask questions. This is a chance to connect with your audience in a more intimate way than ever before.
How to Develop Effective Private Aviation Videos
Managing any private aviation entity is already far more than a full-time job, but Offland Media can take all video duties off your plate. Offland is a team of videographers, aviators, marketers, influencers, and more. Contact us online to find a gallery of our work, or call us at (800) 604-5193.