There is what perceives to be a critical misunderstanding about the private aviation industry in terms of what’s needed to keep it growing and thriving. While there is definitely a pilot shortage, there is also a shortage in other jobs in this industry—in particular mechanics and engineers. There is an unfortunate perception of what kinds of jobs are “good” jobs and which ones are considered not-so-good. To put things in black and white, if you literally have to get your hands dirty, then that may be perceived as an undesirable job. On the contrary, while working as a mechanic for the private aviation industry will certainly get your hands dirty, it definitely shouldn’t be considered a non-desirable job.
Securing a job in the is a dependable and respectable job that will always be in demand as long people are traveling by air. The problem is that not everyone understands how lucrative a job in the private aviation industry can be and this is partly the fault of the industry itself.
A Quick Analysis of What Went Wrong and How to Fix It
The business aviation industry has neglected to keep up with the marketing trends. Today, all of the attention is directed toward the internet. Television is secondary. Radio follows closely behind as it is slowly getting replaced by podcasts. While we were able to skip over Generation X in terms of the marketing and communicating resources, we have successfully locked out the millennial generation—an audience who has more buying power than Generation X and the Baby Boomer population together. Because we didn’t absorb a sufficient percentage of the Generation X population and mentor them so that they can then teach the millennials about how private aviation companies work, we are now at the mercy of appealing to millennials on their terms. Advertising online is how we bridge this gap.
Advertising Private Aviation Companies Online—The Benefits
- It will give your brand more visibility: All eyes are on the internet. Checking online content is as common as checking your wristwatch—some of which are also digitized and connected to the internet! Advertising your private aviation company online puts your brand in front of potential customers and clients. Even if they are not actively looking for your services, you will be familiarizing your brand with an audience who will most likely buy into your services when they actually need it.
- It will increase your revenue: Approximately 97% of Americans shop online, 67% are reported to be millennials. According to CPC Strategy, millennials spend 6 hours a week shopping online while 72% of them spend only 2.5 hours a week. The solution is quite simple: If you start advertising online, you’re sure to be on the other end of this high online buying percentage.
- You can easily track how effective your online marketing campaign is: With online marketing, you’ll have the metrics to track how well—or poorly your marketing campaign is doing. You have the power to analyze the data and optimize the campaign in a way that will be most effective. Find out what’s working and do more of it, and then discover what’s rendering the least result and stop that! This is something you can’t do very well with traditional marketing strategies.
- You can target specific audiences: Online advertising gives you the opportunity to target a specific audience who will most likely buy into your private aviation service. For instance, when you advertise on television, networks don’t have much control over who watches their program. They can only cross their fingers and hope for the best. With online advertising, social media provides the tool to create a buyer persona that will put your advertisement directly in front of the people who might be looking for your services.
- You can afford to lower your rates: Like any type of advertising campaign, such an expense has the potential to get pretty expensive. However, online advertising gives you the power to launch an online marketing campaign within budget and can essentially be less expensive than traditional advertising.
What Offland Media Can Do for Your Private Aviation Company
Offland Media can assist you with your online advertising. We have the resources to help execute all 5 of these compelling reasons why you should advertise online. Our experienced consultants can assist you with putting your brand in front of more people while spending less on advertising, targeting a specific audience, and increasing your revenue. Contact an Offland Media Consultant online or call 1-800-604-5193 and let’s talk!